Your home is just a reflection of your own style. It should be considered as a canvas where your ideas take the front seat and you create the picture you like. Every home has a distinct character of its own, therefore the interior designs should be chosen rightly.
The following points should be considered
1. The phase of life: In which phase you are and what you want to reflect through your décor is an important aspect in your interior design. If you are an old couple who has experiences and stories to share – choose a theme that is much relaxed and does the story telling for you. You might play around with the traditional or modern theme depending on your personal choice and place your possessed decor pieces and souvenirs on display in a smart manner. While on the other hand, if you have young children or expecting one soon, your home has to be designed keeping the safety needs of children. If you are a mid-aged couple, you would want your home to look creative with space saving furniture and modern décor items. Therefore, the phase of your life I a deciding factor of the décor you choose.
2. Colors and schemes choice: Your choice in furnishings says a lot about the colour and design patterns you like. If you like a classy décor, you are likely to include more and more subtle and deep colors and patterns in the traditional pattern. On the other hand, if you want to give a contemporary twist to your home décor, you will prefer modern design furniture, bright colors and experimenting with unique wall papers. But if you like a mix of traditional and you would probably choose a contemporary decor. Likewise, your taste in furnishings will throw hints at your personal style. Whether it is leather, silk, or velvet furnishings that you buy, it can decide if you want conventional, contemporary or an amalgamated style for your home interiors.
3. Light and actions: How lighted you wanted your space to be is an important consideration in any home décor. The quality and colour of the room can affect the appeal of the décor. The type of chandeliers and the bulbs used should complement the décor with its lighting effects. Choose to make your décor look dull or well lighted to highlight the décor details. The best way is to include a mix of task, indirect and general lighting to make the décor look appealing.
4. Colour the walls wisely: How you deck up your walls make a statement for your home décor. The colors and the wall art of the home will make the home perfectly in sync with the themes chosen by you. The color yellow and orange are stimulating, white is soothing, purple and wine is royal, red is bold, blue and green are pleasing- therefore choosing the color wisely is very important. The chosen colors complement the theme of the home and make it perfectly co-ordinated.
5. Maintenance of the house and the efforts: Take into consideration the amount of time and efforts you are going to make to keep your décor in the best condition. If you are a working couple and have less or no time to pay attention to the maintenance, opt for a simplistic design that requires less maintenance. Glass top tables, delicate idols and figurines will look their best when clean and dust free so including these in your décor will be time consuming.
The décor of the house makes a statement on your behalf. Be updated on trends and designs that are ruling the market and making news for being out of the league.